Tuesday 28 October 2014

Coolant horrow

4 months ago, I decided to get a "real coolant" and get

Prestone AF2100 Extended Life 50/50 Antifreeze from amazon. $10usd for a gallon, from my trusty amazon and it says its a 5 year coolant. What could go wrong right?



4 months ago, I decided to open up the reservoir cover. To my horrow, i saw this.

Mud in my reservoir? Googling that pointed me to a direction of a head gasket leak( oil and coolant cross contamination) Those few months were easy miles. So I googled prestone and long life coolant. To my horrow yet again, dexcool is known to cause non chemical removable sludge. Some say if its exposed to air or mixed with another coolant, this will happen. I googled prestone dexcool and it seemed that this yellow bottle probabbly is dexcool.

I did a vinegar flush(which i still think is a waste of time doing it for the 2nd time)
Did a 40L tap water flush.
Filled her up with the normal green coolant.

Damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment