Thursday 13 March 2014

Detailing

Well, gone were the days when I used detergent powder to wash my bike.

I have used Armorall wash and wax(BLUE), Turtle Zip Wax Liquid Wash , Zip Wash and glow and lastly, Meguiars wash and wax and Meguiars Gold Class.

Well its a rather surprisingly short list because previously, I ventured into using glare and aerosol type products to achieve my finishes. Lately, I find that it is more fulfilling to just wash the bike... the right way only takes 10 minutes the most and it is more eco friendly.

Well here is my verdict

Outstanding : Turtle Zip Wax Liquid Wash, Armorall wash and wax

Normal : Meguiars Wash and wax, Meguiars Gold class and Zip wash

Meguiars



Well Meguiars Wash and wax and meguiars Gold class had all the raves. Priced at $37 SGD, I got it at a clearance sale where I jumped on it I believe it went for $13??

Although I appreciate the specific products Meguiars had come out with, I felt that I was left disappointed everytime. They seem to be pushing the multi-step process which is not only time and money consuming for a show room finish that would not last 2 days on my chrome and black paint parked out in the sun and ride on dusty and rainy weather in short, the everyday rider.

There were suds and they had the nicest of smell but they just did a so-so job in washing the vehicle.

Turtle Zip Wax Liquid wash





Awesome.
So I passed my gas station and this small 16oz bottle was going for $3.20.
I expected a single coloured like liquid but out came a pleasant citrus smelling and an visual obvious mix of shampoo and wax. The lathering is fantastic and leaves a fantastic sheeting action upon the final rinse. Its PH friendly and gentle. It nourishes the current wax on your paint. I looooveeee this..
Didnt gave a second thought on ordering when I saw a 2000ML bottle going for about $5usd online.
This would be my staple for a while.
Alike the meguiars, this product is biodegradable.

I dont understand why people slam turtle wax brand. I am a big supporter of their products because they make quality detailing affordable. They have been around forever. They must be doing something right.

Armorall

I had this bottle lying around for 3 years.
Im happy I had it around because I could compare with my new stocks.
This must be one of my favourite washes. I got it for $9.
I believe it is mild alkali wash that is an effective cleaner. It leaves a protecting film.
It leaves your paint squeaky clean.
Therefore.. Its so squeaky it will make your windscreen wipers hop instead of sliding! Cages might wanna avoid.
I read the Car wash alone worked well for some people. They are the same price by the way.

They have the ultra shine series which I have yet to try.

Zip Ultra Glow

Bought it for $2 a liter.
Not worth writing a review.
Will still use it when broke.

Editors note Oct 2014

Round and round trying different brands EVERY wash. Ive concluded the ultimate best Ive used is Zip wash from turtle wax. Shines the vehicle well and keeps it that way longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment