Saturday 9 November 2013

Dunlops D404 to Shinko 230 tourmasters

The long awaited wait for my tire change is finally here! YAY!

From these (Dunlop D404) 2009
Indonesia made

The dunlops came with the bike and served me extremely well. No skidding and stopped right. They were from 2010 with unknown mileage but I had at least 15 000 km on them when I took over the bike. Its about 2014 and  I believe that they were on since 35 000km ago. Although there was a still threads left for water to run off, the middle of the tire had a split.
A new pair was in the range of $330 so I decided to go with the Shinko's at just $190 


 To these!(Shinko 230 Tourmasters)
Korea Made


I had the front tire swapped out about 2000km ago and it was great and reviews from buddies was the rear was great too.

After mounting the tire I noticed a few things ;
The finishing on the sidewalls seems layered and it was peeling out which seemed dodgy.
It wrote tubeless tire but I am using a tube.(Its fine after some research and advise from buddies)

Getting on the bike, it felt taller. I like that as the shadow was really low.
After wearing out the wax, I leaned on the corners and it responded better. I felt that the steering is lighter too.
I love the threads and softer rubber.
Having more contact with the road is an important feature. With the great roads in Singapore, its an added bonus. The dunlops looks great for all terrain though.
However, which the shinko bigger portion of flat surface, sharp particles.. even stones and damage the flat threads so check it often! The dunlops rear tyre had fine threads which were just weird that gets minimal in depth after minor use.

All in all, unlike sportbike tires, these shinko's are worth getting only if the price difference is significantly different.

Do take note, these will wear out faster than dunlops and bridgestones.

Here was the bridgestones 

Front L309

Rear G546

The brigges looks rather flowery dont you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment