Sunday 31 August 2014

EBC PRODUCTS

I always love EBC products.
It started with their top of the range EBC HH brakepads.
In Singapore, traffic is heavy and me being impatient, a quick bite brake pad suited my needs best.
They are costly here for $85 a pair.

So lately i burned my clutch because I attempted climbing gunung brinchang hill with my bike. The stealership wanted $200 without oil(and their crappy oil range). The Oem Distributor wanted $100. I Imported mine for $70.



It was a fairly simple job.
But if you dont have the right tools, you will mess up.
First to come off was the aplenty 8mm bolts after the clutch cable.
From there, You have to use a  27mm straight on wrench to remove the housing basket.
From there, is the screws holding the spring.
There on out, its straight forward but you have to remember that there is one plate that is different.

The 400cc version used 4 instead of 6 springs and 6 instead of 8 plates.

First impression was the bike was more responsive to the throttle.
Finding neutral was difficult but after a day it was fine.

I didnt soak the plates because it was inconvenient.
It might be an old wives tale anyway.
The mechanic felt it wasnt necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment