Sunday 31 August 2014

Brake pads

Yeah.

They senior riders with tell you not to stinge on tires and brakes.

I was keen on easily available sbs brake pads but it was $20 a pop.
Not far from the 24 usd ebc hh.
When i saw the good reviews of the volar brake pads from d2moto at $10 a pop I had it debating in my mind.
Have not read a single negative review on them.

Had ordered them from a buddy and I really liked them.




My brakes sucked when I got the bike.
 EBC HH was on my shopping list.

 I got the vesrah green organic kelvar pads because it was that urgent. It didnt make much of a difference.




I got the EBC HH and despite the caliper wash, bleeding and cleaning the brake disc it felt acceptably better but quickly deteoriated over time. Brake dust was alot.

A stainless steel brake line made the world of difference. I had to replace it once because I had improperly routed it. It punctured during a U turn. Dont bother with the expensive branded lines. I got mine from china and it worked just as well. I believe its because it doesnt flex as much and more fluid gets pushed as the line is thinner.

After all the effort, actually, in JB, it cost me only 30rm to service my caliper!
Which made a world of difference!
Ill add this to my yearly to do list!


No comments:

Post a Comment