Thursday 18 September 2014

Ferrite Cores

My riding buddies went crazy over the 9power ferrite.
Note that these are scientists, senior managers, teachers and IT experts. Raves are improve throttle response. $15 a piece and fits over your spark plug wire.

The beads

The mechanic said that cheaper versions can be found at IT stores. So I went and got them for $3 a piece. Went crazy and got myself two pieces a wire. Mounted it on and yes. The difference is that there is a significantly lesser vibrations from the firing of the plugs.

You probabbly seen this on your monitor screens, laptop chargers and television.
The simple explanation is that this prevents interruption of signals. In details, it suppresses EMI and RFI.


Initially, I thought maybe new plug wires cant be that bad. I tried to ignore but I could really feel the thumping of the Vtwin.
A day after, I mounted one instead of two on my newly done up spark plug wire kit and voila, it works.
 This time around, instead of installing it right after the the spark plug cap, I installed it with similar fashion as of other products, about two inches away.

Editors Tip: Althought it serves as a clip on, it bites into the plug wires which may cause leaks and unintended grounding. So what I did was to remove the cores and cable tie them to the wires.
Ebay have them selling dirt cheap.
Note that my wires are 7mm in diameter. These beads comes in different sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment