Saturday 13 September 2014

Review of progressive suspension

Hello and thank you for reading

Today Ill be reviewing the progressive suspension for my honda shadow ace 1998 400cc

Front

11-1126 with 10w torco fork oil

Rear

412-4207c
12.5Inch

Rider weight
92kg

Pillion Weight
45kg

Review

Stock suspension.

Reason I did the change was because on patched roads, it was a nightmare and the sudden bottoming out scared my pillion. The front dive was crazy and coming out from humps was killing my back.

Front progressives with stock rear.

Great enough for Commuting in singapore at setting number 2.
In johor, it was terrible riding 2 up on setting number 3. Especially on patched road and small drops it would bottom up.

Front progressives with 11.5 inch HD.

Well, I took at 1500km Trip and loved it.
It was a little stiff but did the job to be predictable and stable.
However after  trying out the too soft 12.5 sporster progressive on my bike, i felt that there could be better out there. Something softer than the HD would be great. Also, needed something higher as steering the bike now takes more effort. I felt that 1 inch drop didnt make any difference in looks but yet it took away the ride ability of the motorcycle. With my legs up higher, i felt it was tiring as i have no support of my thighs with the seat.

Now with the complete set of the progressives, I feel that the bike rides like a dream on setting number 2. 3 at 2 up was a little too stiff thought the height was comforting.
I have had one bottom out which was extremely minor.

My friend had a leak with his valkyrie. I read that they advised to lube the shaft.


No comments:

Post a Comment